CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Every time we say good-bye

I love in a way that takes my breath away. It is a love that is surreal and overwhelming. When I am in this man's presence, I stare at him in wonder, almost unbelieving what I am seeing in his eyes when he looks back at me. It's something so powerful, and it makes me wonder how I could have gotten so lucky. How is it possible that he adores me in such a way?

We had two and a half days together this week. Days that fall into place like routine, as though we have spent many, many years together instead of just a handful of days each month for the last 10 months. It is bliss when we are together. Which makes it so much harder when we have to kiss and say goodbye for now.

When I watch him walk away into the airport, my heart is crushed into a million tiny pieces. Pieces that sit and wait to be put back together again the next time I see his smile. I never expected it would be so hard, and I never thought that it would get infinitely harder every time we say goodbye.

0 comments: